Sports Field Solutions
16400 DALLAS PARKWAY, SUITE 400, DALLAS TX 75248
Sports Field Solutions (SFS) is a high-end, sports field maintenance company. SFS was founded in 2002 in Fort Worth. Since then, we have built and maintained over 1,000 fields throughout Texas. We are blessed to call Baylor University, the Texas Rangers, UT-Austin, SMU, UTSA, UNT, the Sugar Land Skeeters, the Midland RockHounds, and many others our customers.
We are always looking to hire people that live out values: Sacrifice, Hunger, Improvement, Eagerness, Love, and Determination. Our mission to develop leaders in the sports field maintenance industry. With our 25 maintenance contracts, we often promote internally to offer advancement and opportunity to our team members.
Current Job Openings: UT San Antonio Assistant Turf Manager
This position is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is eager to learn all facets of maintaining high quality playing surfaces. This position is responsible for maintaining playing fields, clay areas, and common areas at the facility to ensure a safe and competitive playing surface that exceeds NCAA Division I standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare, maintain, and restore athletic fields
• Apply proper field management techniques including mowing, edging, sodding, infield maintenance and moisture management on all surfaces
• Maintain all clay areas including: infield skin, mounds, home plate and warning track
• Report/address field issues such as turf stress, disease, irrigation problems, etc.
• Monitor, report, and resolve irrigation issues, problems and/or concerns on assigned field complex.
• Communicate with coaching staff and school officials regarding practice/game schedules, camp dates, and inclement weather situations.
• Operate powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, sprayers and sod cutters.
• Strong personal/team work ethic
• Communication and interpersonal skills are critical as we work daily with our customer and team members
• Self-motivated and possess a desire to learn
• Take pride in the quality of your work and work ethic
• Degree from a turf management or horticultural program (preferred but not mandatory)
• Turf maintenance experience: Baseball/Softball infield maintenance experience is preferred.
• Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time, including nights and weekends.
• Able to work independently and under stressful and fast paced, rapidly changing circumstances
Compensation: Negotiable depending on qualifications
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org if interested